Emergency Medical Technician
Our EMT-Basic Course is approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services & the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians.
Parachute’s fast-track EMT program is conveniently located for anyone in the greater Houston area! Our instructors utilize the national standard curriculum for the EMT-Basic course.
Prospective students must have the following:
- High school diploma, GED or diploma from higher education (please provide a copy)
- 18 years of age
- FBI criminal background check (details distributed during the class)
- Proof of a recent tuberculosis screen (details distributed at first class meeting)
- A copy of your shot record (including MMR, TdaP, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C & Varicella)
- During flu season (October – March), a flu shot is REQUIRED for clinical rotations
- Other requirements for completion of the course will be discussed on the first night of class
Tuition & Payment
The full tuition is $1,350.00, with a payment plan available. Tuition includes:
- Textbook (Brady Emergency Care 13th edition)
- Custom binder with all necessary class paperwork
- All lab fees
- All clinical rotation fees
- A blood pressure cuff & stethoscope
Another awesome class of future EMTs is on the way to a great career! Shannon and her team did a fantastic job – all 31 students have completed the fall course – great job, y’all!
Our next class will begin on January 23, 2018. News of Shannon and her team has spread – we already have 75+ inquiries for the January class!! The schedule and registration packet are below – if you would like to join our class, please complete the application and submit it to us.
Classes will be held at Bellaire Fire Department on Tuesday, Wednesday from 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm and Saturday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.